Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugh WTF?

Why are people such jerks for no apparent reason - at all! I think the world would be a much better place if people just has a little bit more compassion and genuinely cared for another human being not because they know them necessarily but more because at the end of the day we are all human, trying to live in this world and we should be kind to one another. I don't know if this is just an LA thing but damn...it seems like everyone is out for their own and can care less about the person who's next to them whether they know them or not. Which I don't get honestly!

I mean I was raised with morals, integrity, and compassion. If there is something I can do personally to assist someone either by giving them directions if their lost or picking up an item they dropped at the grocery store, I will without hesitation. I don't see that it is that difficult, but to some it seems to be. I can't help to wonder what life could be if everyone and I mean everyone just cared a little more and went that extra step to be humane, aiding the world to be a better place. I know at the end of the day your all on your own and to some, you need to step over people to get to the top, but I truly believe that is not the way to do it. Maybe I'm the fool because of this, but I could never do that and refuse to ever - that's not how I was raised. I came from a family who migrated from a third world country who came with absolutely nothing to provide a better life for us. They did indeed and never comprised their morals on the way.

Sorry for the random rant. It started when I checked my account online and saw some overdraft fees! I have never over drafted, and if you know me, you already know I was trippin' hard core. So I called the bank up as nice as ever because that's how I am in general and basically, I was negative in my account after all my bills were paid and my scheduled transfers went in a couple hours too late. I had made some purchases not knowing I was negative, therefor the bank decided to charge me 4 fucking fees, since I made 4 purchases( which I now know they can charge you up to 10 fees in 1 day -WTF?). The first agent I spoke to, I kindly told her that I have never over drafted on my account, I have a substantial savings account, and it was merely a matter of hours that the transfer went through. So it wasn't a matter of money it was a matter of time. I asked her if she could please waive at least some of the fees as I am a good customer who pays my damn bills and have been with BofA for the past 6 years! Of course she was like "sorry Mam' there is nothing that I can do for you. You were negative, therefore you were charged". So I responded with "OKAY...THANK YOU". I hung up the phone and hit redial to speak to another agent because obviously this lady just could care less and didn't want to take that extra step to help me, so why waste my time cursing her out! Which I really wanted to...


I was hoping I wouldn't get the same agent and thankfully I didn't. I explained the situation and what do you know...the agent was able to waive half of the fees because I have been a loyal customer. She also educated me about overdraft protection since I do have a substantial savings that can be linked up to my checking account just in case a situation like this happens again. WOW! just like that. Not only was she able to waive some of the fees which the women before clearly said she couldn't, but she also took the time to explain a program to prevent this from happening, which the other agent didn't say a word about. Now my question is why are people such jerks? Why did it take me to hang up and call another agent to get some compassion? I'm glad that there are still kindhearted people out there...but I truly do believe if everyone just went that extra step...it would be a much better place.

Do something nice today...take that extra step...one person at a time...I hope things can change, because we definitely need it!


Have a wonderful day ;)


xoxo,

T

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about people, it's pretty sad. I think people have lost the meaning of respect. And I think costumer service has gone down the tubes.

    ReplyDelete