Thousands of possibilities stream past you every day. You cannot possibly connect with, or even take notice of, most of those possibilities.So which ones do you see, and which ones are you able to fulfill? The possibilities you'll connect with are the ones that most closely align with your thoughts and your actions. Your thoughts have an incredibly powerful influence on your life, but not because those thoughts cause anything to happen on their own. Rather, certain specific thoughts enable you to tap into, and to successfully follow, certain specific possibilities. The life of your dreams is manifested not by calling upon some dark and mysterious secret power. Your dreams will be fulfilled when you tune in to and align the substance of your life with those dreams. Somewhere, in some form, every thing, every experience, every circumstance you can imagine already exists in some form or other. By focusing the energy of your life on your dream, you'll be able to successfully assemble all the pieces together. The very best possibilities for your life are already coming your way. Focus on them with sincerity and commitment, and you'll soon be moving forward right along with them.
A convex logo substitutes colorfully sprayed can. The naked can help to reduce air & water pollution occurred in its coloring process. It also reduces energy and effort to separate toxic color paint from aluminum in recycling process. Huge amount of energy and paint required to manufacture colored cans will be saved. Instead of toxic paint, manufacturers process aluminum with a pressing machine that indicated brand identity on surface.
I'm sure most of you have watched Rihanna's 20/20 interview by now, and for those who haven't - google it. I decided not to post it being that it would simply disappear due to copyright infringement. In any case, throughout the entire interview, I felt as though she wasn't being one hundred percent honest. I am in no way excusing ones behavior, nor do I a think it is right to ever hit a woman, however I do believe it takes two to tango. After viewing this video below, it made me think even more so. If you view the behind the scenes video, you view a young woman who is anything but timid really. It's hard for me to believe someone with such self confidence & feminine power, would sit back and allow someone to brutally hurt them without throwing some punches back...
Do I think she deserved it? Absolutely not! Do I think there is more to the story then what she stated? Quite possibly, however truth be told it's really none of our business to ever really know ;) This is simply my observation to another...What do you think?
You might recognize her from her 3LW & Cheetah Girl days but she is now moving on up. She signed with Island Def Jam earlier this year to venture off with a solo album which is in the works. She recently did a spread for YRB Magazine and the shoot looks simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I looked forward to seeing what's to come from Ms. Bailon...
It was my nieces 6th birthday this past weekend, and like myself, she was really sick. Unfortunately too sick to go to disneyland like we planned. She started her day off crying because she was sad that she was not going to be able to do anything. I quickly decided to bring the festivities home. Obviously I couldn't bring disneyland home, but I managed to make the best of it...
We painted faces, watched movies, baked her cake, played with her gifts, did some arts & crafts and ordered in from her favorite bbq eatery, Lucille's! All in all, she said it was one of the best birthdays she had so I am happy she was happy!
I still remember the day we rushed to the hospital waiting anxiously for her arrival. She and I have been inseparable since birth, and at times I feel like she is my own. She is indeed growing up too fast, and at times I wish she can still be that itty bitty baby once in my arms again. However, that's life. Each year comes around celebrating one more year of progression and memories. I am so grateful to be an aunt and to have the opportunity to watch this beautiful, intelligent, & charismatic young girl flourish into such a wonderful being.
Happy Birthday Alexis, I love you more than words could ever describe!!!
Remind yourself often of how fortunate you are. The more you realize and recall your good fortune, the more good and valuable things you can do with it. Your true fortune has little to do with the size of your bank account or your material assets. The greatest fortune you have is life itself, and the opportunity to live each moment with awareness and effectiveness. There is endless fortune in your ability to choose what to do with each moment. There is limitless fortune in your capacity to feel love, awe, compassion, gratitude and pure joy. Spend some time each day thinking about how truly fortunate you are. Let the warm feeling of that magnificent fortune permeate your awareness. Your very existence has such great and irreplaceable value that it's impossible to even imagine the full extent of it. Resolve today to make good use of all that value. The great fortune of your life is here and now. Live it with joy and meaning.
No matter what she does, she will continue to get criticized as she is in the limelight, and thats the nature of the beast. However, I commend Rihanna for coming forth and sharing her side of the story not for the sake of making one look good, and the other bad, but more because she does indeed have an enormous fan base who are generally young women that may be, or have been in the same situation. After viewing the interview, those women might think twice about staying in an abusive relationship. Domestic Violence is not only serious, but so personal and for her to share her intimate story to even change one girl's perspective speaks volumes.
Here are some facts via NCADV.ORG
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
- 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
- Historically, females have been most often victimized by someone they knew.
- Females who are 20-24 years of age are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police
- Almost one-third of female homicide victims that are reported in police records are killed by an intimate partner.
- In 70-80% of intimate partner homicides, no matter which partner was killed, the man physically abused the woman before the murder.
- Less than one-fifth of victims reporting an injury from intimate partner violence sought medical treatment following the injury.
- Intimate partner violence results in more than 18.5 million mental health care visits each year
- Witnessing violence between one’s parents or caretakers is the strongest risk factor of transmitting violent behavior from one generation to the next.
- Boys who witness domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children when they become adults.
- 30% to 60% of perpetrators of intimate partner violence also abuse children in the household
Capturing former Japanese football player Hidetoshi Nakata in seres of black & white shots, photographer Quentin Shih breathes new life into Kris Van Asshe's Fall 2009 collection for Dior Homme. Officially making Prada's studs, Gucci's legging-pant hybrid, and Dior Homme's high contrast take on an architect's view of bondage, among the most photographed of the season. Highlighting the current mood of a modern hardcore street edge seen on runways abroad.
Showing Nakata interacting animals and at one point plane, the essence of power and movement are added in the form of computer generated objects. Creating a certain interest factor that is slightly hard to find in the label's current campaign.
Amosu is known for stepping it up another notch when it comes to tricking out everyday items. Now Amosu is claiming to have The worlds first & most expensive diamond blackberry.The handset is a BlackBerry Curve 8900 encrusted with 4,459 brilliant cut diamonds & coated in 18 carat yellow gold. Amosu will give you the option of customizing the blackberry with your name or company logo. It’s also the first Blackberry to come with a 24-hour global concierge service. Only three of these diamond encrusted Blackberry 8900 will be made and will run you $240,000. If money wasn't a thing, would you be one out of the three who would make your daily calls on a 28.42 Carat phone!?
Do more than merely getting through this day. Jump into it fully with vigor and enthusiasm.Do more than merely getting through your work. Find real joy in making a difference. When the purpose behind each day is just to get it over with, that dismal purpose can begin to take over your whole life. By contrast, when you put a little bit of joy and positive purpose into each moment, you get a whole lot of great and wonderful things filling your world. It only takes a fraction of a second to change your whole life and your whole world for the better. Are you ready to go beyond merely surviving and to fill each thought, each word, each action with the most magnificent possibilities of life? Life is exactly the way you choose to see it. Wherever you may be, whatever you may be doing, you have the opportunity to immediately and completely make life truly great. Open your eyes, look around, and awaken to all the best possibilities. Now is when you can live with all the richness you're able to imagine.
I stumbled upon this post & thought that it is a very good almost "common sense" way to try to avoid catching the Influenza A virus subtype H1N1. As I am not a doctor, a disclaimer does apply. Read it but also consult with your doctor just in case:
With the constant fear of H1N1 symptoms, the following measures can be practiced by oneand or all. Tamiflu does not kill but prevents H1N1 from further proliferation till the virus limits itself in about 1-2 weeks (its natural cycle). H1N1, like other Influenza A viruses, only infects the upper respiratory tract and proliferates (only) there. The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/ throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible not coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is. While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps - not fully highlighted in most official communications - can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe or slap).
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc/bioflavonoids to boost absorption.
6. Drink as much of warm liquids as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
All these are simple ways to prevent, within means of most households, and certainly much less painful than to wait in long queues outside public hospitals.
I do hope, this information could be passed on to one and all, for a healthy and H1N1 free environment.